Scholarship: Kansas Chapter of the APWA: Uni ....
Kansas Chapter of the American Public Works Association
University of Kansas
The application process opens January 1
The application deadline is May 1.
1. Applicants must be enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Kansas in a curriculum which could possibly lead to a career in Public Works. Preference will be given for Civil Engineering students.
2. Applicant must be in good academic standing with respect to the requirements established by the School of Engineering at the University.
3. Applicant must be classified as a junior or senior for the year in which they receive the scholarship and must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
The applicant shall complete this application form and shall include an essay discussing their public works knowledge and experience. The essay should discuss the student's knowledge of public works, what aspect of public works they are most interested in pursuing after graduation, and the reasons for this decision. The University will verify that the student will be a junior or senior in the upcoming school year. After completing the application and essay, this information will be automatically submitted by email to Dr. Tom Mulinazzi. If you have any questions, you may contact Dr. Tom Mulinazzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Scholarship recipients will be chosen by the APWA Scholarship Committee based on merit as determined by evaluating an application submitted by the interested student. A personal interview may be requested.
2. Merit evaluation will include academic performance/capacity for successful degree completion and licensing, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and employment experience.
3. Preference will be given to candidates with references from APWA members.
4. Preference will be given to candidates expressing an interest in entering the public works field upon graduation, and to non-traditional students. A non-traditional student is defined as an older student who has returned to school full-time after working or serving in the military.
5. Preference will be given to candidates who are Kansas residents.
The scholarship award will be made in the form of a check issued to the selected student in the amount of $1000 each semester to be used for tuition, fees, books, or other items as needed.
Scholarship Amount: $ 1,000.00
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Residency Requirements: Preference will be given to candidates who are Kansas residents
Application Deadline: May 1
Contact Name: Dr Tom Mulinazzi
Contact Email: email@example.com